About Products Selected

This site is designed with brand new cooks in mind. Because of that you will see a lot of items linked here. For an experienced cook it is easy to recognize what the difference between a pot, a sauce pan, a casserole, etc. means. But if you are brand new to the cooking from scratch idea it can be confusing. All products linked are meant to give you a clear idea of what kinds of items I am referring to. These items linked also represent brands that I am familiar with, that I have found to be high quality and I find them to be fairly priced and long lasting for regular use.

For pots and pans I prefer the quality of Circulon brand above higher priced brands and their longevity above lower priced brands. For glass bowls and bake ware I prefer Pyrex. For low priced kitchen ware I prefer Norpro. For smaller quantities of dried goods I prefer Bob's Red Mill, which I can find at all of my local stores. For larger quantities I prefer ordering from Barry Farm. I often use the bulk section at my stores as well. While it is certainly less expensive to make stock at home, it is far more convenient to purchase it. I like Pacific Natural Foods and Imagine Foods low sodium broths. These suggestions are designed to make your food preparation easier and affordable. You'll also be able to accurately duplicate the recipes on this site and the meals seen on Frugal Feeds Videos. Look for all of these products and kitchen items at your local stores or click on the links and it will take you to where you can buy them online. (Although many of the items will cost more with shipping than they will if you can find them at your local store).

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Frugal Feeds | Raw Diet Day 27

Raw Diet Day 27:

I wasn't hungry in the least for breakfast so I just made myself eat half of an orange.
For lunch I made a juice of 1 gala apple, 1/2 an inch of ginger and about 1/4 cup of mint. Apple. mint and ginger are good for sour stomachs. It made one cup of juice. Ginger also helps relieve cold and flu symptoms. I did not strain the juice this time so accurate nomenclature would be that I made a soft "cider" of the apple, ginger and mint.

A few hours later I made a cereal of 1/2 cup of Ezekiel 4:9 Golden Flax sprouted whole grain cereal, 1/2 cup of mixed raisins, 1/2 cup of soy milk (I was out of nut milks and not up for making a new batch) and 2 Tablespoons of molasses. Not really a raw meal but a nutrient dense meal that was easy on my stomach.

Later I had the other half of the orange from this morning and a banana.

At dinner I made a soup of five juiced carrots, 1/2 cup of coconut and a half teaspoon of red curry paste. Unfortunately my food processor attachment on my Oster quit working so I changed everything to my Black and Decker but halfway through processing that one suddenly poured the soup out of the bottom of it all over my counter and cabinets. It had evidently developed a crack that broke through. So that whole dish was wasted. My spouse kindly went to the store and got me comfort food of seltzer water, some potatoes and some roasted chicken. Again, not a raw meal.

No comments: