About Products Selected

This site is designed with brand new cooks in mind. Because of that you will see a lot of items linked here. For an experienced cook it is easy to recognize what the difference between a pot, a sauce pan, a casserole, etc. means. But if you are brand new to the cooking from scratch idea it can be confusing. All products linked are meant to give you a clear idea of what kinds of items I am referring to. These items linked also represent brands that I am familiar with, that I have found to be high quality and I find them to be fairly priced and long lasting for regular use.

For pots and pans I prefer the quality of Circulon brand above higher priced brands and their longevity above lower priced brands. For glass bowls and bake ware I prefer Pyrex. For low priced kitchen ware I prefer Norpro. For smaller quantities of dried goods I prefer Bob's Red Mill, which I can find at all of my local stores. For larger quantities I prefer ordering from Barry Farm. I often use the bulk section at my stores as well. While it is certainly less expensive to make stock at home, it is far more convenient to purchase it. I like Pacific Natural Foods and Imagine Foods low sodium broths. These suggestions are designed to make your food preparation easier and affordable. You'll also be able to accurately duplicate the recipes on this site and the meals seen on Frugal Feeds Videos. Look for all of these products and kitchen items at your local stores or click on the links and it will take you to where you can buy them online. (Although many of the items will cost more with shipping than they will if you can find them at your local store).

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Frugal Feeds | Raw Diet Day 35

Raw Diet Day 35:



For breakfast today I had ruby zing juice, which is one large apple, 1 handful of parsley, 2 carrots, 1/2 of a large beet and 1 inch of ginger root. The color matches my car :)

Other than removing the frost blanket and watering the potted plants there wasn't anything to do in the garden today. The garden is full of little sprouted plants and a few of the peat pots indoors are starting to show the beginnings of sprouts as well.




For lunch I had a smoothie made of one large banana, 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup cherries and 1/4 cup chocolate chips.

We stopped at a store to look for heirloom parsley seeds, which we found, and also found stevia plants. I had been looking for stevia for the last month but didn't see any until today. I will keep the stevia plants indoors until the weather warms up quite a bit. I will soak the parsley seeds tomorrow and sow them on Tuesday. Parsley is difficult to get growing, but once it does it is pretty easy to keep going. I have traditional curly parsley and heirloom triple curled parsley.

For dinner I had a large salad with peas, lettuce, sunflower seeds, tomato, guacamole and beets.

No comments: